Two years ago as a high-school teacher, I was insanely busy and stressed throughout most of the year (including summer, despite incorrect assumptions on the part of non-educators–but that’s a different post). The two-week Christmas break, however, was always an oasis in the storm.
Now, working for a church, my stress-level during most of the year is lower, but unfortunately holiday season is ecclesiastical prime-time. So, all in all, this rushed and over-stuffed holiday season was not my favorite. That said, there were some high points:
- Spending time with Amy’s family and some of mine
- Watching Grady tear into presents with unbridled glee
- Good presents: Derek Webb & Woody Guthrie CDs, camping/hunting gear, rare Steinbeck book, red sweater
- Grady living out a long-held dream: making and eating gingerbread men.
- Finished (and preached) sixth sermon
- Spent New Year’s eve with good friends (and I got to play)
The entire “collection” of our holiday pictures is posted here. Happy Christmas, Merry New Year, Joyous Hanukkah, Kwanza, Solstice, Shopping Season, or whatever you enjoy celebrating this time of year.